Monday 17 August 2015

First Post - This is where it all begins

A few quick notes about this blog;

This is going to be a bit of a gathering place where I record ideas and developments related to my son and his aspiring career as a motorcycle racer.

Having a fair workshop setup at home, including a CNC, lathe, pillar drill, 3D printer, two CAD workstations and a plethora of measuring tools, I've been unable to leave many of the engine components from his mini-motos alone and in all this, have developed and am developing further, a few unique high performance parts.

Content here will include blueprinting, measuring, testing, assembly, modification, and tuning of small race motors - everything from 39cc pocket bike/mini moto engines on up.

Regarding myself, I currently own a small mechanical engineering/design firm in London and being a designer, I'm always looking for ways to improve upon existing ideas and coming up with new, innovative solutions to problems I encounter.

I'll add this as a bit of a disclaimer right from day 1.  I'll include much information here, and provide pictures and suitable evidence as to the success or failure of the ideas and concepts presented here, but obviously, I will not and cannot guarantee you'll get the exact same results should you attempt some of these modifications at home.
Additionally, some of the ideas presented here have led to the development of products which I now sell. Though I promise not to overtly advertise products I sell, I will walk the reader through the development of the product, it's manufacture, and any subsequent testing performed upon it and may or may not note that the product might be available for purchase through the company.

All opinions expressed are my own.

Much more to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment